A little anti-redistributionalist Calypso for you! I play the ukulele on it. Download, listen, and enjoy!
Entwined Dreams. Thanks to Lynn for some quick brainstorming on that one. Now just to write something up about it….
Had another idea on the title this morning. I think I’m going to go with Life Entwined.
Just to let the few of you who actually read our blog know that I haven’t totally blown off writing on it. I’ve been busy with a piece for a show next month. Lynn came over and helped me troubleshoot some problems I was having and I hope to finish it off soon. We’ve had lots of regular everyday stuff going on as well.
So not to totally steal from Lynn’s Where I Stand Sunday (because I can’t promise to always do this on Sundays), I am just stating where I am today.
Her theme was symbols. Hand carved stamp, dyed embroidery thread and a little bit of felting. It was fun.
So Lynn has posted this and passed it on to me. I’m to list six random facts about myself. So hold onto your seats:
1. I never drank coffee until my oldest child turned two.
2. I can make a great homemade pizza. I have a small cookbook that taught me how to make a good crust and sauce. A stand mixer helps as well.
3. I’m the youngest of five with my oldest sibling being 14 years older than me.
4. I was the first graphic artist to be hired by the State Bar of Michigan up in Lansing.
5. I never liked pink until I was married and had two boys. I’m so outnumbered around here that part me clings to anything girlish.
6. I’m terrible at math and thus try to stay away from it. Luckily Xander has Victor’s knack for numbers and is already learning the basics of algebra from his dad.
Now the next part is that I’m supposed to tag six other bloggers. Problem is that Lynn already tagged those that I knew. No, I don’t know many bloggers. Yes, it’s sad. So I know one other blogger left:
Victor: my husband, my children’s father and music genius
So tag honey, your it.
Here’s the rules:
The rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
I think that covers it.
With the completion of Expo a few weeks ago I made an unplanned visit to the underside of a rock and hid there. Yes, there is a part of me that fully embraces the stereotype of the moody artist and runs with it. That funk is on it’s way out with the clearing and cleaning of the corner of our family room to make way for a temporary work space for me. I washed (yes, washed) the brick wall, the mantel, nick-nacks, and some furniture. Taught Xander how to vacuum. I have asthma pretty bad and in order to work in this space some extremely big time cleaning was in order. But it paid off. Here’s a picture from yesterday morning. There’s Jonas enjoying some morning Disney and pancakes. No, he is not always that calm.
I have some big things I am working on for a show in November and a Weird Michigan Challenge that I issued to my group. Nothing I can share yet, but considering both of these deadlines are approaching at lightening speed, I hope to have them done soon.
One very cool aspect of working downstairs are the paintings that Victor’s grandmother painted hanging on the walls. She was an artist and mystic. This one is called The Tightrope Walker.