I’m still on my archive.org old 1950s educational film short kick. Here’s a new song inspired by one of the films, along with the film re-edited as a music video. The original film meant to teach kids not to be afraid, but seriously — what kind of lesson is that to be teaching our kids nowadays?
And here is just the music:
I’m putting together a probably less-than-comprehensive, but definitely more thorough than anything else that’s out there, list of all of my music for people to listen to and download. So far there are over 80 songs posted there, with more to come! Check it out!
(Or click the “Music” tab at the top).
This isn’t a real song, just me messing around for an hour or so with some synths and a new channelstrip plugin (TeamDNR’s Mixcontrol). If you like repetitive robot music, then you might enjoy this.
One of the best how-to’s I’ve seen for how to photograph artwork. Not to mention it made me feel like I was back in photography class in college. Now if I could just find that much open wall space in my house.
The summer projects have revolved largely around kid friendly fun. We made plushies based of templates from this book. It came with an envelope in the back that contained templates for the creatures featured in the book. Couple that with lots of soft fuzzy fabrics in my stash and we created Blockhead and Wally Whale.
For another art adventure we broke out the Setacolor paints and fabric for some sun painting. It was good, sloppy, messy fun… outside . First we painted, then we let the sun do it’s thing. The dog was very interested in all of this. I also managed to sun paint a perfect square on the grass. That part wasn’t planned. I’ll aim for the driveway next time. We also finished the project with lots of painted fingers. So I had the kids wash with Reduran and the texture freaked them out a bit, it was kind of funny.
After the sun painting was done I was left with a little bit of paint left over. So I stuck several used dryer sheets into the containers and soaked up the leftovers. Here they are drying on the fence.
Then a few days later I did some screen prints of grape leaves and tried it on some dryer sheets. Came out pretty interesting. The images print on the sheets and the fabric. I found that the sheet could easily be removed for twice the printed images or you can leave the sheets to dry on the fabric and they will be very stuck. Also did one regular print. I used the Golden Silk Screen Gel and Neocolor Crayons for these.
There were a few weeks of very exciting weather around here. Lots of thunder and wind to keep everyone on their toes. But after one afternoon of rather harsh weather we were left with a lovely rainbow. I don’t recall ever seeing one with such vibrant colors.